Associate of Science in Accounting
Every business and organization needs employees with accounting training. Prepare yourself for job opportunities in bookkeeping and lay the foundation for bachelor’s-level study with Cornerstone University’s Professional & Graduate Studies division.
Our Associate of Science in Accounting (ASA) degree program offers fundamental skills and knowledge for a professional accounting career. This program will help you develop proficiency with the most widely-used accounting software tools, including Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks and payroll systems, while also preparing you to sit for the Microsoft Office Specialist 77-240, Fundamental Payroll Certification and QuickBooks certification exams. After graduation, you can use the accounting, business, and liberal arts knowledge gained from this program to enter the job market or continue towards earning a bachelor’s degree.
The ASA program offers you the opportunity to gain core competence in accounting with two convenient format options: a combination of online and on-campus classes or entirely online. Both formats are held within a learning community that emphasizes Christ-centered principles.
What You Can Learn – Associate of Science in Accounting
Cornerstone University’s Professional & Graduate Studies ASA degree program is presented in two steps. If you have no prior college experience, you’ll take both steps for a total of 62 credits and expected completion within 28 months. If you have at least 20 credits of prior college experience, you can apply to enter directly into Step II of the program; you will only need to complete Step I concentration courses and general education requirements that were not transferred in.
Step I – 30 Credits
- IDS-100 Foundations of Inquiry
- IDS-131 Digital Literacy
- ENG-118 Introduction to Writing and Research
- COM-111 Foundations of Speech Communication
- PSY-111 General Psychology
- REL-231 Mosaic Literature
- PHI-211 Philosophy in Culture
- BUS-113 Excel
- ACC-221 Accounting I
- ACC-223 Accounting II
Step II – 32 Credits
- IDS-204 Personal Wellness
- ENG-223 Introduction to Literature
- REL-232 Gospel Literature
- MAT-120 Contemporary Math
- FAR-211 Introduction to Fine Arts
- HIS-115 American Studies
- SOC-211 Current Social Issues
- SCI-119 Contemporary Issues in Science and Technology
- ACC-231 QuickBooks
- ACC-224 Accounting III
- ACC-233 Payroll Accounting
Students who wish to enroll in the ASA degree program must meet the following admissions requirements:
- Graduation from high school or successful completion of GED
- A minimum of two years full-time work experience since high school
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and a copy of official military transcripts, if applicable
- Students whose primary language is not English must achieve a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test), or 79-80 (Internet-based test), or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5
- Submission of a completed application and non-refundable $25 application fee
Build a Life That Matters with Cornerstone University
Contact Cornerstone University’s Professional & Graduate Studies today to learn more about the Associate of Science in Accounting!