Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership
Do you feel called to service in the church? Develop the knowledge base you need to pursue your vocation in ministry with Cornerstone University. We offer a Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership degree completion program that develops professional, practical ministry skills within a personally enriching learning environment.
Designed for those with previous college experience, this program provides theological, scriptural, and spiritual training. It is offered in both on-location and fully online formats.
Goals and Course Topics
The goal of Cornerstone’s degree in ministry leadership is to “equip and train God’s people to do his work and build up the church” (Ephesians 4:12). Courses in this degree program offer students the opportunity to reflect on their vocations and deepen their own spiritual commitments even as they prepare for the practical, professional aspects of ministry.
Graduates of our Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership program should be able to:
- Effectively communicate Christ-centered doctrine and scripture
- Communicate, manage conflict, and collaborate across cultures
- Provide practical leadership and management for church, para-church, and faith-based organizations
Course topics in this program include:
- Christian Doctrine
- Interpretive Analysis of Old Testament Literature
- Managing the Not-for-Profit Organization
- Ministry Ethics and Values
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Philosophy of Leadership
- Principles of Biblical Studies
Classes are led and mediated by instructors who have active, authentic involvement in local churches. Their real-world ministry experience can offer you insights as you prepare to answer your own calling.
This accelerated, 48-credit ministry degree is aimed at adults who have at least two years of previous college experience. It is offered online, which provides the flexibility and convenience of web-based study within a supportive environment, and also on location.
The program follows a cohort model in which small groups of students progress through the entire program together. This method helps foster community, leading to enriching discussions and productive group work.
This program takes approximately 20-22 months to complete.
Cornerstone’s ministry programs are selective. We choose candidates whose skills and experience show a balance of academic aptitude and demonstrable spiritual commitment.
Applicants to the Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership must:
- Have at least 56 credits of prior college experience;
- Be able to provide official transcripts from all previous institutions attended, along with official transcripts from CLEP or DANTES college equivalency exams;
- Provide evidence of at least two years’ full-time work experience;
- Submit the application form, all transcripts, and the $25 application fee in a timely manner.
Full admissions requirements, fees, and tuition costs for the Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership are available in our course catalog.
Begin Your Journey
Prepare for a life that matters: take the first steps towards a career in ministry. Contact an admissions advisor to learn more about the Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership at Cornerstone.