Master of Business Administration
– Global Business
If you believe business has the potential to transform lives, communities, and cultures for the better, pursue advanced executive education with Cornerstone University. Our Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Global Business can help you become a business leader who goes beyond the bottom line to become an agent of global change.
In 22 months, you can develop advanced knowledge of today’s global business environment, build strategic management skills, and hone your analytical abilities—all within an educational environment focused on Christ-centered principles. You can also choose the course format that best fits your needs, with online and on-campus study options available.
You will also participate in our Global Business Experience, an immersive short-term study excursion with overseas companies. As more businesses attempt to operate seamlessly across international borders, you will benefit from the new perspectives and practical knowledge that only ‘being there’ can offer.
What You Can Do With Our Global Business MBA
Our MBA in Global Business equips you with upper-level understanding of managerial and executive functions in business, along with professional research and communication skills. Coursework challenges you to think innovatively, develop a global outlook, and define your personal, ethically-driven philosophy of business.
You can apply the skills you learn in this degree to a wide range of international business occupations. These can include:
- International Banking
- International Business Consulting
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Non-Profit Management
- Public Relations
Learning Outcomes and Course Format
As a graduate of the MBA in Global Business, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the core business disciplines of economics, marketing, accounting, finance and management
- Develop the oral and written communication skills needed to function as an effective leader
- Demonstrate ethical decision-making and leadership from a Christ-centered worldview
- Create an entrepreneurial and innovative business venture
- Analyze and resolve business issues, including those created by emergence of a multicultural, global economy
You will take 12 courses, for a total of 38 credits:
- Research Methods
- Ethics, Values and Social Responsibility
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Managerial Finance
- Organizational Behavior and Change
- Marketing Strategies
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- International Business Practices
- Global Economic Environment
- Integrative Case Study Analysis
- Global Business Experience
Course Format and Global Business Experience
Cornerstone’s MBA programs are accelerated degrees designed to work with your busy professional life. You take each course one at a time, spending six to eight weeks per course.
On-campus courses have work-friendly evening schedules, and generally meet once a week. Online courses offer students convenient round-the-clock access to discussion boards, group projects, and reading materials, with any synchronous discussions or instructor office hours scheduled well in advance.
You will also participate in our Global Business Experience, a short-term foreign study trip during which you will broaden your business horizons.
Contact an admissions advisor to learn about upcoming Global Business Experience trips.
Cornerstone considers candidates who can meet the following requirements:
- An official transcript verifying a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college/university, or equivalent.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 in undergraduate course work at the institution from which the baccalaureate degree was received.
- Two letters of recommendation, completed by persons qualified to judge the applicant’s professional expertise, character and capacity for graduate-level study. One letter must be from the applicant’s current employer, supervisor, or manager, and one from an individual who can comment on the applicant’s academic ability.
- A professional resume demonstrating a minimum of one year of continuous full-time work experience. For an applicant with less than one year of full-time work experience, a G.P.A. of 3.0 in previous college work is required
- All MBA applicants must submit an Admissions Essay
- A completed application and $25 non-refundable application fee
English Proficiency Requirements: Achieve a minimum TOEFL score of 577 (paper-based test), 233 (computer-based test), 90-91 (Internet-based test) or a minimum IELTS score of 7.0 if English is not the student’s primary language.
Transfer Credit Policies: We accept up to six credit hours’ worth of transfer credits from other master’s programs (500-level or higher course numbers). Transfer courses must have been completed within the last seven years and deemed equivalent to a course in the program.
Please see our course catalog for complete admissions requirements and other information.